Select an uPVC door or window for your home as these are eco-friendly, help in saving energy and are aesthetically designed, suggests Mario Schmidt, Managing Director, Lingel Windows & Doors Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Windows can talk volumes about your home. Windows are subjected to various weather conditions and have to be strong enough to withstand to take the changes around. When selecting doors and windows one must ensure that it is superior in quality. It is therefore vital to spend once in a good quality door or window which will last over a decade. Select an uPVC door or window for your home as these are eco-friendly, help in saving energy and are aesthetically designed.
A window or door must have 4 important features:
1. Value: Value for money is what one must look for when installing doors or windows. Is it serving the life span or is it wearing off before time. Check for warranty before buying one. Ensure your doors are cost effective and durable. uPVC doors have long life, corrosion resistant, thermal resistant and energy savers.
2. Beauty and Aesthetic design: Ensure that the windows or doors have neat, clean edges. If the surfaces are smooth it can be cleaned using mild cleaning agents and water. These should be engineered in a way that they are space saving, and have free movement. Your doors and windows should strong and sustain their attractive appearance.
3. Simplicity: Windows and doors should be simple to operate. For instance, if you decide to buy a tilt and turn window it should be space saving, effective and practical. Also doors and windows should be easy to clean and be low on maintenance. Easy to clean and maintain is an important factor to keep in mind.
4. Security: Doors should be burglar and fire proof. Self-extinguishing is a critical factor to keep your home safe and secure, negligence of this can be disastrous. Therefore, installing uPVC doors and windows is a smart option.
• Key locking handles in windows so that kids can’t open it.
• Safety glazing is standard at all the windows if the glass is toughened in case it breaks into small pieces.
• Security glazing as burglar proof or even if children are playing the glass won’t break.
• Steel reinforcement – windows and doors should be fitted with galvanised steel reinforcement. It makes the window very stable and prevents any bending of the uPVC Profile.
Keeping the above points of value, beauty and security in mind will help you ensure you are making the right choice for your home.
Lingel Windows & Doors Technologies Pvt Ltd