1. Home
  2. News & Update
  3. JSW Cement to bring cement-free concrete to India

JSW Cement to bring cement-free concrete to India

JSW Cement entered into a joint venture with Australia company Wagner’s Group to promote the concept and usage of Earth Friendly Concrete (EFC) in India.

“EFC is a geo-polymer based environmental friendly product. The use of EFC will erase the demand of Portland cement which is responsible for high CO2 emission,” the company claims. It adds, “EFC concrete is cement free concrete, having unique value proposition that utilises industrial by products like slag and fly ash. EFC looks into resource conservation, energy savings and offers customers unique durability performance along with highest level of sustainability.”

Speaking on the occasion Parth Jindal, Managing Director, JSW Cement said,” We are pleased to announce our JV with Wagner Group, the only company in the world to commercially produce EFC on a very large scale. With this merger, we hope to expand our horizons in the industry and bring in growth and greater heights to the expansion of our company.”

JSW will hold 74 per cent stake in the JV while Wagner’s Group will hold the remaining 26 per cent in the venture. The JV is expected to be operational by January 2017.

7

Cookie Consent ACE Update

We use cookies to personalize your experience. By continuing to visit this website you agree to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Close