Ramco Cements receives Best Community Development Award for its fight against Covid-19
Ramco Cements’ fight against coronavirus pandemic started much before the lockdown on March 22, 2020 and continues till date. The company has been presented with Best Community Development Award for its fight against Covid-19 in the National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability. Ramco Cements has always been at the forefront to meet the needs of the affected and downtrodden people, especially during calamities. The award was presented to the Ariyalur Unit of Ramco Cements by The World CSR Day which believes in the value of Sustainable CSR; that which is built in the fabric of business and making it a reality.
World CSR Day aims to provide a common platform to the corporate, government agencies, NGOs, civil society, academics and the other groups to share their expectations, aspirations and responsibilities, and to spread the message of CSR, that which makes a difference to the community at large.
Ramco Cements took the following initiatives to bag the Best Community Development Award:
• The company donated Rs 2.5 crore to the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Public Relief Fund, Rs 2.5 crore to the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Relief Fund, over Rs 2 crore worth of high-tech medical equipment and supplies to the Government of Odisha, Rs 70 lakh worth monitors and ultrasound scanner echo machines to the Government of Kerala, and 550 PPE kits to the Government of Puducherry.
• Over three crore rupees of high-end medical equipment, monitors, PPE kits and three-ply surgical masks were provided to the Police, Revenue and other state agencies. Overall, the company has spent around Rs 11 Crore till date in the fight against the pandemic.
• Medical equipment and supplies to government hospitals were carried out.
• The factories and offices were scanning employees and doing medical checks on drivers and sanitizing their trucks even before the lockdown and it is continuing. All the factories distributed groceries and essentials to the surrounding villages.
• Besides providing food and shelter to over 6,000 casual workers, the labour colonies near the factories were completely taken care of.
• Mason families, corporation workers, old age homes and the poor and needy were provided groceries and essential items.
• The company also set up an Isolation Centre near its plant at Haridaspur in Odisha.
• Relief materials were donated to the needy by Ramco Cements’ dealers in their respective areas.
• Tube lights and fans were provided to the Isolation Centre of Ariyalur Block Development Office.
• The factories are continuing to provide relief measures in the surrounding villages.
For more information, visit: